Minnesota Department of Human Services (DD)
Developmental Disabilities Waiver
Disability Hub MN
711 or 800-627-3529
Call your County Human Services Agency.
The Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver provides home and community-based services that promote the optimal health, independence, safety and integration of a person who meets the waiver eligibility criteria and who would require the level of care provided in an Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
Types of disabilities served:
A person must meet all of the following: 1. In need of continuous active treatment. 2. Have a diagnosis of developmental disability or a related condition. 3. Require a 24-hour plan of care. 4. Require aggressive and consistent training due to an inability to apply skills learned in one environment to a new environment.
Area of Minnesota served:
1. Eligible for the Medical Assistance program based on a disability diagnosis.
2. Have a developmental disability or related condition.
3. Determined to meet ICF/DD level of care criteria.
4. Require daily interventions, daily service needs and a 24-hour plan of care.
5. Assessed to need a residential habilitation service.
6. Have made an informed choice of waiver services instead of ICF/DD services.
7. Have an assessed need for supports and services over and above those available through the MA State Plan.
Maximum amount individual can receive:
Adaptive modification/equipment costs are individually negotiated and authorized according to client need by the county or tribe within the county or tribe's budget.
Assessment, initial and on-going equipment training and evaluation, and equipment maintenance.
- Purchase Device
- Loan Device
- Rent Device
- Fabrication (custom)
- Aids for Daily Living
- Beds/Bed Modifications
- Education/ Employment
- Electronic Aids
- Home/Building Modifications
- Mobility Seating and Positioning
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
Return to search and index
For listing updates contact:
358 Centennial Office Building
658 Cedar Street
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Phone: 651-201-2640 or toll free 888-234-1267(voice)
MN Relay: 711 or 800-627-3529