Minnesota Department of Human Services - Family Support Grant
Family Support Grant
Disability Hub MN
The Family Support Grant provides cash grants to eligible families with children who have been certified disabled. Families may be eligible for up to $3,112.99 per year. The program helps families access disability services and supports, prevents out-of-home placement for children with disabilities, and promotes family health and well-being.
Types of disabilities served:
Children who have been certified disabled.
Area of Minnesota served:
Children are eligible if they:
1. Are under age 21.
2. Live in their biological or adoptive family home.
3. Their family has an annual adjusted gross income of $101,751 or less.
4. Have been certified disabled by Social Security, the State Medical Review Team, or lead agency Rule 185 DD/RC case management.
5. Are not receiving a waiver, the Consumer Support Grant, or Personal Care Assistance.
Maximum amount individual can receive:
Families may be eligible for up to $3,112.99 per year
Families may purchase assistive technology training with their FSG funding.
- Purchase Device
- Information and Referral
- Aids for Daily Living
- Education/ Employment
- Home/Building Modifications
- Mobility Seating and Positioning
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
Return to search and index
For listing updates contact:
358 Centennial Office Building
658 Cedar Street
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Phone: 651-201-2640 or toll free 888-234-1267(voice)
MN Relay: 711 or 800-627-3529